Vegetarian Tom Yum Soup
“Tom” in Thai translates to boiling and “yam” refers to Thai spicy and sour salad. Here’s a vegetarian version of the popular and comforting Thai spicy and sour soup!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make flavored stock
- In a pot, boil 2 cups of vegetable stock with 4 stalks of lemongrass, 6 kaffir lime leaves, and 50 g of galangal. Boil for 5 minutes.
Step 2 - Add mushrooms
- Add button mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, eryngii mushrooms, buna shimeji mushrooms, and straw mushrooms to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, or until mushroom is cooked. Add or replace any mushrooms with any other kind of your choice.
Step 3 - Season soup
- Add 2 Tbsp nam prik pao, ¼ cup of soy sauce and 1 cup of coconut milk to the pot.
- Bring to a boil before taking off heat.
- Season to taste with lime juice and soy sauce sauce. Add preferred noodles in for a noodle soup dish.
Garnish and serve!
Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.