Warm your mind, body and soul with this hearty wonton soup!
Let's start cooking!
Step 1 - Make wonton filling
- In a mixing bowl, add in chopped prawns, minced chicken, 2 chopped spring onion, 1pcs 1-cm grated ginger, 1 clove chopped garlic, 1 Tsp white pepper, 4 Tbsp light soy sauce, 1 Tbsp sesame oil, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, ½ Tsp salt and ½ Tbsp sugar. Mix until well combined.
Step 2 - Fold wonton
- Take a wonton sheet and place 1 tsp filling in the middle.
- In a small bowl of water, dip your finger and wet the perimeter of the wonton sheet.
- Start by folding the corner nearest to you over to the opposite corner to make a triangle. Next, take the other 2 corners and overlap it. Gently press on the overlapped corners to seal the dumpling.
- Place each dumpling on atray or plate with parchment paper. Set aside until ready to cook.
Step 3 - Make wonton soup
- In a pot, add 1 L chicken stock, the remainder of ginger, ikan bilis and 2 smashed garlic cloves and bring to a boil.
- Once soup has been boiling for 10 minutes, remove ikan bilis, garlic and ginger. Season to taste with salt.
Step 4 - Cook dumplings
- In a separate pot, boil enough water for cooking wontons. Once boiling, slowly add in wontons and stir it occasionally.
- Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until wonton skins are slightly translucent.
Garnish and serve!
When dumplings are cooked, remove wontons and place them into serving bowls. Ladle wonton soup over wontons and sprinkle with 1 chopped spring onion. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve hot.